My friend stopped by today to make me this delicious spaghetti sauce which we added on top of bowtie pasta noodles (to be different) for a hearty meal! It incorporates a lot of items with Italian seasoning, so get ready for a flavorful sauce!
A Simple, Hearty Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 package Italian Seasoned Lean Ground Turkey optional
- 2 cans Dei Fratelli chopped Italian tomatoes, herbs and olive oil 28 oz
- 1 can Tomato Paste with Italian Seasoning 6 oz
- 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning optional
- 1 Tbsp Dried basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped green onions
- 1 Box of bowtie pasta or your favorite pasta type
Brown ground turkey in a large pot with some olive oil
Add all ingredients into the pot and simmer for at least 30 minutes
Cook pasta according to directions on box and add sauce as you desire. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you'd like!
I love recipes that are easy, so this one is perfect for busy nights when you do not have a lot of time to prep lunch or dinner. It is always a hit to have a nice homemade spaghetti sauce, especially one with a lot of flavor.
If you wanted to make a large batch of this, double the recipe and put it in the freezer for another time! Enjoy!