With summer coming to an end and fall around the corner (cue comfort foods), it’s time to get the kids back to school and get some new fun and tasty foods to make that are nutritious for any time of the day. Here is great recipe for an acai bowl with fruit and topped with Great Grains® cereal.
What’s great about acai bowls is that you can really make them your own! All you have to do is start with the basics and then top with whatever you want! (I like a good combination of fruits and nuts in mine!) Kids love cereal, so I thought this would catch their attention to have a tasty and crunchy one on the top.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen berries
- 1/2 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 frozen packet of acai berry puree (100 grams)
- Toppings: Great Grains ® Cereal, sliced bananas, fresh blueberries
- Place the apple juice, banana, berries, yogurt and acai berry puree into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your bowl.
- Add your toppings of choice! Enjoy!
Getting a nutritious breakfast can be hard. Some days you are swamped, in a rush, or just plain tired….I get it. As a mom to two little ones, I have some days where I can sit down to enjoy my breakfast and other days I’m lucky to grab a slice of toast. With this acai bowl, I know that I am getting the balance back into my morning and starting the day off right. I also love just eating a bowl of cereal on my own when I know I can grab a moment of peace and quiet. I love that Great Grains® is a healthy start to my day, so I know I’ll have the energy to keep up with my girls!