I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided.
I really try to make sure that we have vegetables at dinner, and you know I’m a sucker for recipes that are easy! I’ve been hooked on a simple way to cook vegetables and have them come out seriously delicious every time! All you need are these 3 ingredients that everyone has in their kitchen already- a good olive oil, salt and pepper.
What you’re going to do is so simple, anyone can do it. My favorite items to bake/broil are broccoli, brusells sprouts, sweet potatoes and tomatoes. These come out seriously delicious!
- Cut up your vegetable(s) for the day and line them up on a baking sheet
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the vegetables
- Salt and pepper the vegetables
- Broil on high for about 10 minutes, tossing them over half way. (They’ll have a great flavor and the right amount of crisp!)
Just as choosing your quality produce is important, so should your olive oil. A lot of people don’t know which types of olive oils to choose for their kitchen. Let me give you a quick run down about olive oil, my must-have kitchen ingredient!
- Olive oil comes from the fruit of the plant Olea europaea, or European olive. Extra virgin olive oil is made by pressing without any heat or chemicals. It is the freshest and purest olive oil available. (It’s the first press of the olives, so you know it’s the best stuff!)
- Extra virgin olive oil is basically free of acidity (to assure quality). Overly processed and rancid oils have higher levels of oleic acid.
- Olive oils go through many testings to determine freshness and flavor standards. Experts test for taste and the presence of bitterness, fruitiness and spiciness. If the oil doesn’t meet the signature fruit taste and balance, it won’t receive the Extra Virgin rating.
- Olive oil has a high smoke point (400 degrees F), so it can handle anything from a light sauté to baking to a deep fry.
- You should store your olive oil in a dark place (around 57 degrees F, if possible), free from direct sunlight (not on a counter or near a stove!) Never put it in the refrigerator! Use it within 6 months of opening, and within 18 months of purchasing.
The Europeans have got it all right when it comes to olive oil. They produce the best extra virgin olive oil in the world. Over thousands of years, farmers have evolved hundreds of varieties of olive trees and optimized them for different terrains and weather conditions to produce the most delicious yields.
The Flavor Your Life campaign, supported by the European Union, Unaprol, and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news on European Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This program aims to educate US consumers so that they can make informed decisions when purchasing Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Flavor Your Life has selected Zucchi Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a trusted partner. Zucchini is a 200 year old company committed to creating the highest quality oils. They source from the top growing olive growers and the proof is in their upscale taste, quality, traceability and the Italian Art of Blending. Find out more at www.zucchi.com/us
I hope you learned a little bit about Extra Virgin Olive Oil and that you try my easy recipe above! Happy cooking, friends!