Who wakes up in the morning wondering what they are going to accomplish in the day? I certainly do! I am definitely one of those people who reaches for their cell phone the moment I get up to see what emails I have from potential clients, or who might possibly want to buy a lip gloss from me today. I thrive on knowing I have stuff going on for the day and here is why I believe it’s good to be a busy mom.
Whether you are a stay at home mom, or you work full or part time, do you find these things to be a positive aspect about your busy lifestyle?:
- You are more apt to get your sh*t together on a regular basis
- You like your routine where you know what days of the week you have scheduled activities or obligations
- You are quicker to make decisions about the things you want and need, cause you don’t have time to dilly dally or waste
- You tend to be more social and outgoing due to your confidence in being such a mother hustler
- You find that you put everyone else first and if you have any spare time, you are usually plotting your next adventure or outing
- You have many hobbies (because why would you just sit down and actually relax when you could be doing something)
- You love entertaining (You’re such a good mom, you want to show it off)
Of course you’re a good mom, no matter what you have going on during the week. You provide for your family in ways that no one else can. Your children love you no matter what …so, why do you feel like you have to always be doing MORE?
My personal need to be busy all of the time stems from my work ethic. I’ve been working since I was about 13 years old. I’ve sold newspaper subscriptions, I was a hostess at a restaurant, I did new hire orientations and trainings in restaurants, I’ve been a waitress, a Nutritionist and a Sales Manager. I love the idea of working to make money. Up until mid 2016, I’ve always made my own money. Then we decided I would be a stay at home mom.
I honestly couldn’t handle the first couple of months. I felt like I was doing my part as a mom, but that I wanted MORE. I started blogging as a way to bring in additional income. Though I haven’t hit a jackpot yet, I’ll keep writing as an outlet to express my feelings and keep friends and family in the loop with what our family is up to. Then, I started selling Essential Oils and now LipSense LipGloss. Seriously, how much can one person take on (lol!)
I love that I want to take my kids to story time 2-3 days a week, blog 1-2 times a week, manage a side business everyday, try to do all of the cooking for the family, maybe squeeze a girls night every couple of weeks and photograph my life all day at the same time. I’m a self proclaimed social media addict and I can’t stand to NOT see what everyone else is doing at all times of the day.