Did someone say chocolate zucchini bread? Yes, please!
My neighbor has been so gracious as to bring me freshly grown zucchini’s from her family’s garden a couple of times this month. These are the BIG zucchini’s, not your usual grocery store sized ones. I’ve already made a zucchini bread with lemon glaze, so I wanted to try something different. I let Charli help me mix a lot of the ingredients and we had a great time cooking together! Total prep time was about 15 minutes.
Enjoy this Sweet and Savory Chocolate Zucchini Bread:
- 1/2 cup of melted butter (plus more for coating the loaf pan)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (plus more for coating the loaf pan)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips
- a dash of sea salt to top the bread for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat loaf pan with butter and then dust it with cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- In another large bowl, stir together sugar and the egg + egg yolk until smooth. Add melted butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the zucchini, then add the flour mixture slowly, stirring it in gradually. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Put the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes. (Mine took 55 minutes)
- Let cool in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Dust on the sea salt and serve
(This recipe is a modification from one found on Delish.com)
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! If you have any links for other great recipes for zucchini breads, please send them my way! I’m obsessed!